We are getting ready for some exciting events soon, which will include a call for additional board members. If you’re new to the community, Social Media Club PDX is run by volunteers and board members, both of which are critical to making our events successful. Our focus is to share knowledge amongst our community, and hopefully have fun while doing so!
If you’re interested in joining our group as an official board member read on, and if you would like to volunteer please reach out to a board member.
Board Member Requirements
- Board members must attend 8 out of 12 board meetings. No excuses. You get a pass on four of the meetings — save them until you need them.
- If required board meetings are not met, then the board member must relinquish his/her post.
- All board members shall serve two-year terms.
- Board members must attend 80 percent of public meetings (total meetings TBD).
- Each board member must recruit and manage volunteers relative to their committee administration duties. Yes, some board members will need to run committees — marketing, logistics, membership, sponsorships, etc.
- Each board member must spearhead one public meeting a year. You don’t have to do all the work — we should have committees to help and you should have volunteers to manage. But you must be the point person/project manager/keeper of the flame for one meeting.
4-8 hours per month, depending upon event activity (likely 8-14 hours the one month a year you produce an event).
Deep connections within the local community
We do our best to make most of our events low cost (free, if possible), but that means we have to call in quite a few favors. Sourcing monetary or in-kind sponsors for venues, food, beverages, A/V equipment, etc., is very helpful.
How to Participate
- Email us a short blurb on your background and what you hope to contribute to the group
- All submissions will be reviewed by existing board members