One of the coolest aspects of living and working in Portland is the close proximity to so many top-notch technology companies like Webtrends who graciously hosted last month’s meeting of the Social Media Club of Portland. Next week we are lucky to benefit from another local company’s presence, this time in the form of a Tweetup. On Thursday, April 16 Intel will host a visit by several “Intel Insiders.” These folks are literally the who’s who in social media and technology and they’ll be in P-town checking out Intel’s tech and touring their fabs and research centers. As a special bonus, they’ll be heading downtown in the evening to join several folks from Social Media Club PDX at The Green Dragon Pub for chit-chat and beer.
Who are these so called Insiders? Well below is a list with links to their respective web properties:
- Sarah Austin from POP17 @pop17
- Irina Slutsky Geek Entertainment @irinaslutsky & producer/videographer Eddie Codel eddie.com @ekai
- ”Somewhat” Frank Gruber Somewhat Frank @frankgruber
- Tom Foremski Silicon Valley Watcher @tomforemski
- Cathy Brooks – Other Than That @cathybrooks
Sweet, huh? Join your fellow Portland Social Media Peeps on Thursday, April 16 from 7:30 to 8:30 for a Tweetup at the Green Dragon. And if the notoriety of these Insiders isn’t enough to spark your interest, Intel will provide the first round of beers (depending on how many people show up). We hope to see you there!
If you’re looking for more information on the Intel Insiders, here are some related blog posts:
- Intel Forming “The Insiders” Social Media Advisory Team
- Archive of blog posts about Intel Insider activities
- Bios for each Intel Insider
If you’d like more information from someone at Intel, please contact @kenekaplan.